Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Linda Kennedy and Art Thelen, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Kennedy moved to adopt the agenda with the addition of # 16.5 Sealcoat Road Projects, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the May 17, 2011 meeting. Kennedy moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $45,508.69 and the monthly bills total is $5,172.02. Thelen made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: Daniel Arnold, chair of the committee, reported that the Vernon County Highway Dept. will be working on the Leum Hill Rd project site within a couple of weeks. He reported that brushing on Green Hollow Rd will begin soon. The committee has reviewed a sealcoat plan, identifying 3.3 miles of roads: Church, Dell, Wemmer Hollow, top of Kirking and repair damage near Salem Ridge Cemetery.
10. Discuss Dirt Track on N. Elk Run Rd: Kennedy told the Board of a noise hazard caused by a couple of bikes/ATVs on private property on N. Elk Run Rd. It was stated that since neither the county nor the town is zoned against a track, there is nothing that can be done unless it causes an environmental or safety problem.
11. Review Appleman/Butt Fence Dispute: Yttri stated that he did get the documents registered with the Vernon County Reg. of Deeds office. The board stated that the fence will be completed by August 1 or the town board will construct the remaining fence line and bill the land-owner.
12. Review Sand Shed Repairs Bids: Bids were opened from Fairview Construction ($500), L&J Construction ($623.21) and Lin Construction ($1,200). Young made a motion to accept the Fairview Construction $500 bid, seconded by Thelen. The work is to be completed by September 1. Motion carried.
13. Discuss Bidding Process for Diesel Fuel and LP Gas: Yttri will estimate, based on the amount of diesel fuel and LP Gas purchased for the last 3 years, and will advertize for a 6 month price bid for each product. Kennedy moved to accept bids for diesel fuel, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried. Kennedy moved to accept bids for LP Gas, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
14. Present Webster Citizenship Award Winner: Katie Sebion (Westby HS Senior) read her essay and was presented the $350 check by Chairman Young.
15. Sign Salem Ridge and Brush Hollow Cemetery Veterans’ Forms: The board signed reimbursement forms and Yttri will get them to the county clerk’s office.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated that 38 tons of patch mix has been used, cleaned out ditches, filled in and fixed wing wall on W. Salem Ridge Rd, cut brush on Smart Hollow and Bloomingdale Rds and spread screenings on hot mix during extreme hot spells. He also put up several new road signs, and repaired the mower with blades.
16.5. Sealcoat Projects: Young stated that the sealcoat projects are: 1) Church Rd, 2) Dell Rd, 3) Kirking Rd, 4) Wemmer Hollow Rd and 5) Salem Ridge Rd by cemetery for a total est. cost of $60,000 and a little over 3-3.5 miles.
17. Public Input: It was suggested that MVC could request funds from the VC Board/Ho-Chunk funds to offset RE taxes that the town lost since MVC is a non-profit agency. This will be researched by board.
18. Board Comments: Rick Gilbert has been hired as a part-time employee to assist with EAP road projects.
19. Future Meeting Dates:
July 12 – Recall Primary Election, 7 AM-8 PM
July 19 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
July 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
July 28 -- WTA Meeting/Picnic, 6 PM
20. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 21, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639