Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisor Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Supervisor Art Thelen was absent. A total of 10 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the April 19, 2011 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes with an addition to #12 to add ‘with a possible fine of $5,000.00’, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $71,751.01 and the monthly bills total is $11,103.75. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: Sam Mast
9. Transportation Committee: The committee report by Daniel Arnold stated that the Board met with Vernon County Highway Dept on Leum Hill Rd project site to help determine the plan of assistance to complete the repair with the county’s equipment and labor. The committee is also reviewing a sealcoat plan, identifying at least 10 projects as viable options with the town’s limited funds.
10. Update from Rural Ins.-Rollie Johnson, Agent: Johnson had a concern with claims the town had with the JD 6410 Tractor mower with cab glass breakage, Patrolman Hysel explained and that modifications have been made to the mower. He reviewed the policies with the board with no increase in premiums this year. Young made a motion to continue with Rural Ins. this year, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
11. Review Bridge Report: Chair Young reviewed the inspection report with most repair items small such as signage, wing erosion, deck cleaning, brush cutting and some rip rapping. Husker Hollow Bridge is on the replacement list for this year or next.
12. Sand Shed Repairs: Young made a motion to request bids for sand shed repairs to be posted and reviewed at the June board meeting, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
13. Mt Zion Cemetery Monuments Concerns: Chairman Young is seeking volunteers to assist him with repairs to the monuments in the cemetery.
14. Webster Citizenship Award Winner: Due to a scheduling conflict, the award will be presented at next month’s meeting.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated they had plowed over 65” of snow this winter. Tree trimming is completed on Bloomingdale Rd, repair on Kirking Rd is completed, annual road tour with the board is completed and spring clean-up was a large success.
14. Public Input: Richard Appleman informed the board that Bill Butt was about 4 rods short with the agreed fence resolution made last year with the town board. The board will schedule a fence viewing on June 3 and 17.
15. Board Comments: Kennedy reported that a motor cross course had been developed on S. Elk Run Rd and neighbors were complaining of the noise. Young questioned bidding out the fuel for the next 12 months.
16. Future Meeting Dates:
May 25 – Open Book 4-6 PM; Board of Review 7-9 PM
June 21 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
June 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
17. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: May 21, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639