Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair John Young called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen and Linda Kennedy, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the March 22, 2011 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $85,028.54 and the monthly bills total is $7,238.81. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Kevin Kihslinger
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee: The committee report by Arnold stated that the Board will meet with Vernon County Highway Dept on Leum Rd tomorrow at 10 AM. Brushing will start soon. The board has met with landowners to review their concerns.
10. Resolution to Oppose Planned Grid Expansion from ATC: Young made a motion to adopt the Resolution, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
11. Open Mowing Bids: Bids were received from Chris Parker for Town Hall $40/mowing and Mt. Zion $35/mowing; and Kolby Walker for Town Hall $39/mowing and Mt. Zion $34/mowing. Thelen moved to give the two lawn mowing bids to Chris Parker, seconded by Kennedy. Motion carried.
12. Discuss Other Issues Brought to the Board: Young was informed that the Town could receive up to $5000.00, he will contact the V.C. Highway Dept. for details; A state inspector had inspected the salt/sand storage shed and left a complaint report that repairs are needed to the building with a possible fine of $5,000.00, and the salt/sand should be covered; A fence issue between Appleman and Butt property from last summer has not been fully completed, the board will check it out; and Clerk Yttri informed the board that the State will reduce Transportation Aid $3,244.00 and Shared Revenue $2,319.00 for the 2012 budget period.
13. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel stated they have been plowed over 60” of snow this winter. Road mowers repairs have been completed, patch gravel delivered, waiting for patch mix, and tree trimming ongoing on Bloomingdale Rd. The oil pan on the 2005 truck has been replaced due to road damage.
14. Public Input: Kermit Parker stated that its good to see some pot-holes being filled.
15. Board Comments: none
16. Future Meeting Dates:
April 20 – EAP Road Projects Meeting, 10 AM - Leum Rd Hill
April 28 – WTA County Meeting, Ver. Co. Bd Room, 7:30 PM
April 29 –Large Item Spring Clean-Up Day, Noon- 5 PM
April 30 -- Large Item Spring Clean-Up Day, 9 AM - 3 PM
May 10 – Towns Asso. Meeting in Tomah all Day, all Bd Members are Planning on Attending.
May 17 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
May 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
May 25 – Open Book 4-6 PM; Board of Review 7-9 PM
17. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Kennedy. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: April 19, 2011
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639