Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. Treasurer Jan Parker was absent. A total of 10 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Arnold moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the October 19, 2010 meeting. Arnold moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $118,171.67 and the monthly bills total is $76,448.44. Bader made a motion to pay the bills of $5,672.70 and hold-off the bill from Scott Co. for $70,775.74 until they could explain the increase of the bid that was submitted, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Tom Lukens--two B&B’s in Brush Hollow area
8. Fire Number Applications: Miller Hardwoods—delivery number for Buckeye sawmill
9. Transportation Committee Update: The board stated that the road repair projects will be planned out this winter to be bid out early spring. Arnold reported on some work was done on Leum Rd and tree removal on Green Hollow Rd.
10. Winter Driveway Snow Plowing Policy: The policy was discussed by the board and audience residents as far as fees and conditions when the patrolmen would work on private driveways. Bader moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
11. Continue Discussion of CDBG-EAP Grant and Project Planning: Item # 9 covered this discussion.
12. Scott Construction Sealcoat Bill: Kevin Schmitz from Scott Co. explained the reason for the cost difference between the est. and accrual bill received. The est. was based on 18 ft. road base; some of the roads were covered up to 22 ft. area. The board did not accept the various reasons for the higher cost, Bader asked for an adjustment to the bill.
Schmitz will contact Randy Scott to see if anything can be worked out. The bill will be postponed until next month for payment.
13. Robert Widner-Vacating a Street in Avalanche: Widner presented legal papers in regards to vacating a street in Avalanche. Water St. was platted but never developed. Bader moved to adopt the resolution for the closure, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
14. Animal Care Provider Contract w/Ver. Co. Humane Society: The board chose to pay on the per/dog basis for next year @ $150 per dog. Bader moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
15. Recycling Center Open Hours in December: Wednesday recycling center will not be open as of Dec. 1 for the balance of the winter. The center will be open Fridays prior to Christmas and New Year Days since they fall on Saturday.
16. MOU-Renewal of Ver, Co. E-911 Dispatch Policy: Bader moved to adopt the policy, seconded by Arnold. Young abstained due to being a fire dept. volunteer. Motion carried.
17. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Wirts stated that the “loose gravel” signs were removed and repairs were completed on the back-hoe and other equipment. The Green Hollow shear-off will have barriers and signs put up for the winter season.
18. Public Input: none
19. Board Comments: John Young is concerned with talk of the sand mix pile being moved to the West end of the storage shed near his building.
20. Future Meeting Dates:
December 21 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 6:00 PM
December 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
21. Adjourn: Bader moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: November 23, 2010
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639