Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the July 20, 2010 meeting. Arnold moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $47,477.54 and the monthly bills total is $32,559.17. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Amber Miller
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee Update: The committee is concerned about the horse-shoe damage on Dell Rd due to a large funeral. Arnold stated that they est. that gravel usage and seal-coat work will be below the 2010 budget plan. They reviewed the roads that will get a second coat of seal this year.
10. Robert Widner-Vacating a Street in Avalanche: Robert presented the legal document of land transfer, after a close reading, the description was not correct. He will get this corrected and come back at the September board meeting
11. Vernon Co-op Propane LP Renew Yearly Contract: The board discussed bidding out the LP gas contract, but since Vernon Co-op owns the tank, they chose to stay will the co-op. Bader moved to accept the Vernon Co-op bid of $1.59 per gal. for the 2010-2011 season, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
12. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel and Wirts reported that several yds. of base gravel were lost due to the recent heavy rainfall. Scott’s should be in the town within two weeks
13. Public Input: none
14. Board Comments: Chair Bader stated that the board hired Randy Volden as a limited-term employee to assist with the grant project road work. Young attended the WTA meeting/picnic in Readstown July 29.
15. Future Meeting Dates:
September 14 – Fall Primary Election, 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
September 14 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 7:00 PM
September 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
16. Motion to go into a Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee)
-Bader moved to go into a closed session, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
17. Reconvene into Open Session- Bader made a motion to reconvene into open session, seconded by Young. Motion carried. Bader made a motion to increase Patrolman, Jody Wirts clothing allowance $100 to a total of $300 per yr. and $1.50 wage increase for 2010 and 2011 employment year for a total of $16.50/hr 2010 and $17.50/hr. 2011, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
18. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: August 10, 2010
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639