Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 10 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Arnold moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the September 21, 2010 meeting. Bader moved to adopt the minutes with the deletion of the last 5 words in section 9,c, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $87,821.65 and the monthly bills total is $73,050.80. Bader made a motion to pay the bills of $2,275.06 and hold-off the bill from Scott Co. for $70,775.74 until they could explain the increase of the bid that was submitted, seconded by Young. Clerk Yttri will have a representative at next month’s meeting. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Tom Brennen
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Transportation Committee Update: The board discussed the Kirking Rd concerns, possibility of closing the hill during the winter was discussed, would lose state aid if this is the direction. Arnold made a motion to hire Siverhaus Construction for $1,520.00 to complete the ditch clean-out at the foot of the hill, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
a. Review Croell Quarry concerns – The washout area will be filled this fall and a permanent fix will be completed next year.
10. Winter Driveway Snow Plowing Policy: A draft was presented by the board for review. The policy was tabled until the Nov. bd meeting.
11. Continue Discussion of CDBG-EAP Grant and Project Planning: The contract has been signed and the required banking process has been set-up by the clerk.
12. Emergency Management Communication: The board chose to not participate since it is unlikely any proposals would qualify in the town.
13. Animal Care Provider Contract w/Ver. Co. Humane Society: This is tabled until the Nov. meeting.
14. 2011 Budget Planning: Clerk Yttri presented a rough draft 2011 budget; the board set Nov. 3 as a date to finalize the budget and Nov. 9, 7:00 PM as the 2011 Budget Hearing date.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel stated that patch mix application is wrapping up; continue to finalize the mowing for this year and finish ditching where needed.
15. Public Input: none
16. Board Comments: John Young is glad that the situation with Croell Co. is progressing. Daniel Arnold heard of complaints with trucks parked on the town right-of-way near Amish sawmill on Buckeye Ridge.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
October 22 and 23 -- Fall Large Item Clean-Up Dates
November 3 – Board Budget Planning Meeting, 7:00 PM
November 9 – Budget Hearing, 7:00 PM
November 9 – Transportation Committee Meeting, following Budget Hearing
November 16 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM (later changed to the 23rd)
18. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: October 19, 2010
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639