Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 17 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the agenda after moving item #9 after # 10 and deleting # 12, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the August 10, 2010 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $92,217.90 and the monthly bills total is $14,811.66. Bader made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Mary Grob
8. Fire Number Applications: none
10. Tim Jacobson, Executive Director Mississippi Valley Conservancy: Tim and Abby Church informed the residences of the long term plans for the use of the 1,200 acres that is under their control in the town. They expressed how the land was not tax exempted this year causing the financial concerns, but will be exempt on next year tax roll. They stated that the land will be available for hunting, fishing, hiking, or silent sports at no cost. No camping or motorized vehicles will be allowed on the property. Several questions were asked by the residents about the land use and tax exempt status.
9. Transportation Committee Update:
a. Review road flood repairs -- FEMA est. the damage of $102,500 to the town roads, but there was not enough damage in the surrounding counties to qualify for any assistance.
b. Review Croell Quarry concerns – DNR will be meeting with all entities to determine best fix for the problem.
c. Review 2010 road projects – Seal-coating is completed for all roads within the planned 2010 budget.
11. Continue Discussion of CDBG-EAP Grant and Project Planning: The Board is working on correcting the contract and finalizing the procedures for the grant.
12. Fall Large Item Clean-Up day: Oct. 22, Friday, Noon to 5 PM and Sat., Oct 23 9 AM -3 PM were the dates set by the board.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel stated that they built a side discharge slide to assist the patch mix application and continue to finalize the mowing for this year.
15. Public Input: none
16. Board Comments: John Young is glad that the situation with Croell Co. is progressing. Daniel Arnold heard of complaints with trucks parked on the town right-of-way near Amish sawmill on Buckeye Ridge.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
October 12 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 19 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 22 and 23 -- Fall Large Item Clean-Up Dates
16. Motion to go into a Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee)
-Bader moved to go into a closed session, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
17. Reconvene into Open Session- Bader made a motion to reconvene into open session, seconded by Young. Motion carried. Bader made a motion to increase Recycling Attendant wage $2.00 per/hr to $10.00 per/hr. and Election Inspectors $2.00 per/hr to $10.00 per/hr, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
18. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: September 21, 2010
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639