Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 13 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Young moved to amend the agenda to add #8.5-Line Fence Dispute and to adopt the amended agenda, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the April 15, 2010 meeting. Bader moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $60,986.33 and the monthly bills total is $7,811.68 with the addition of Christie grass fire call from the LaFarge Fire Dept. Young made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
8.5 Line Fence Dispute: The board has received a fence partition dispute from Bill Butt with his neighbor Richard Appleman. The Board will meet Tuesday, May 25 at 8:00 AM to review the property line area.
9. Transportation Committee Update: Arnold stated that the committee has been reviewing summer road projects.
10. Recognize Bill Hamilton’s Retirement: Chair Bader presented Bill a certificate of recognition and gift for his many years of employment for the Town as patrolman and recycling attendant.
11. Property Ins. Updates-Rural Ins. Co & Mark Anderson Ins. Co.: The board reviewed the presentations from the two proposals and chose to remain with Rural Ins. for this year. Ins. quotes should be reviewed earlier in the year to allow more time to study proposals. Motion by Bader to accept Rural Ins. bid, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Appointment of Comp. Plan Commission Members: Bader moved to appoint Kathy Appleman and Ellen Thelen for a three year term on the Comp. Plan Commission, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
13. Milner Property Updates: This property has had a lot of issues that need to be addressed with a lot of junk, sanitary and building codes in non-compliance. Bader moved to have Arnold and Yttri compose a letter to the Vernon County Sanitary/Zoning Dept. and Vernon County Corp. Counsel, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
14. Discussion of Current Building Permit Ordinance: The board reviewed the ordinance and Building Inspector Application forms.
15. Town Hall Clean-up for a Reunion: Episcope reporter stated that he will put a posting in the paper to address this issue.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that Darrel Vogel will repair the bridge on Hidden Valley Rd Monday, May 24. He has received 900 yds. of screening from the Kraemer Co., applied 25 t. of patch and will meet with Kyle Gibbons, Scott Co., Thursday, May 20 to review road repair work.
17. Public Input: none
18. Board Comments: none
19. Motion to go into a Closed Session under Wis. St. Sec. 19.85c (considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee). Arnold made a motion to go into the closed session, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
20. Reconvene into Open Session: Young made a motion to reconvene into open session, seconded by Bader. Motion carried. Arnold made a motion to increase Patrolman, Brandon Hysel clothing allowance $100 to a total of $300 per yr. and $1.00 wage increase for 2010 and 2011 employment year for a total of $17.00/hr 2010 and $18.00/hr. 2011, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
21. Future Meeting Dates:
May 26 – Open Book, 3-6 PM
-Board of Review, 7-9 PM
June 8– Transportation Committee Meeting, 7:00 PM
June 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
22. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Bader. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: May 18, 2010_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639