Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the agenda with item #12 up toward #5, #10(D) to (A) and #11 when the Vir. School rep. arrives, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the February 17, 2010 meeting. Bader stated that Daniel Arnold’s name be deleted from item #10, Clerk Yttri will do so. Young moved to adopt the minutes will the change, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
12. Open Gravel, Rock and Sealcoat Bids: The Kraemer Co. submitted the only bid for gravel and rock.
Bid details: Picked Up Delivered
3/4” Base Course $ 6.85 CY $ 7.85 CY
3” Minus Breaker Run $ 6.85 CY $ 7.85 CY
Screenings $ 6.55 CY $ 7.85 CY
Rip Rap $ 8.65 CY $ 13.38 CY
Private rock sales would be $ 11.00 per cubic yard. The quote is based on non-prevailing wages.
Prevailing Wage price are:
3/4” Base Course $ 8.60 CY
3” Minus Breaker Run $ 8.60 CY
Arnold moved to accept the bids as presented, seconded by Bader. Young abstained. Motion carried.
Scott Construction Company submitted a bid for Single Hard Seal with a 3/8” fractured limestone chips. Bader moved to approve the Scott Co. seal-coat bid, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
11. Viroqua Area Schools Referendum Presentation: Superintendent Knantle outlined the up-coming referendum that will be voted on by the residents of the Viroqua Area School.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $63,569.41 and the monthly bills total is $10,981.88. Yttri stated that a deposit of $25,500 from Wis. Transportation Aid will be in the bank the first Tuesday of April. Bader made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Scott Swanson, Graham Terry
8. Fire Number Applications: Graham Terry, Kevin Kihslinger
9. Transportation Committee Update: Arnold stated that the committee is trying to encourage more people to attend the meetings by putting minutes on the Web-site and e-mail out to the community. They have started a list of possible road projects: Wemmer Hollow, Tunnelville Rd, Tri-State Rd and W. Salem Ridge Rd. The next meeting will be April 12, at 7PM.
10. Discuss the Unimproved Roads in Avalanche: Chair Bader researched the situation and concluded not to do anything unless a group of individuals would petition the board to do something. The group would have to pay the cost in this process. Motion by Bader not to do anything now, seconded by Young. Arnold abstained. Motion carried.
13. April 17 – Earth Day Clean-up at KVR: The board encouraged residents to follow the KVR’s lead and clean-up area roadsides in their area and also assist the KVR road clean-up.
14. Sign Salem Ridge Cemetery Assoc. Veterans’ Forms: The board was presented a list of buried Veterans to be signed by all board members for county reimbursement to the cemetery association.
15. Recycling Center Wednesday Opening Hours: The board chose to open the center Wednesday, April 7, 3-6 PM and kept it open until fall.
A. Spring Clean-up April 17: The board set April 17, 9-3 PM for the Spring Large Item Clean-up Day. A list the fees will be posted.
16. Leum Rd Accident Bill: The board chose to not bill anyone for the fatal auto-accident on Leum Rd.
17. Discuss Annual Meeting Process: The board was given a copy of last year’s minutes and they discussed some of the procedures of the annual meeting.
18. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that equipment has been serviced, tree limbs were trimmed, and the pickup had fuel pump replaced. He has been reviewing ‘Right-of-Way’ policies for the board.
19. Public Input: none
16. Board Comments: The board thanked Brandon and the Fairview School Restoration group for the new interior paint job. Arnold stated that the ‘Citizenship Award’ committee is composed of: Terry Beck, Susan Johnson and Jane Brennen. Young reminded the board of the pile of tires and sand near his property line.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
April 6 – Spring Election, 7:00 AM – 8 PM
April 12 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 7:00 PM
April 13 – Annual Meeting, 7:00 PM
April 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: March 22, 2010_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639