Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the agenda with the addition of item #11.5 Adopt Fair Housing Ordinance #10-2009, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the November 17, 2009 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $41,292.62 and the monthly bills total is $11,386.56. Bader made a motion to pay the bills and pay #20,000.00 toward a TRIP Project loan at the La Farge State Bank, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Rebecca Knight
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Adopt Comprehensive Plan Ordinance #11-2009: Arnold moved to adopt the Comprehensive Plan Ordinance #11-2009, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Arnold stated that the committee is gathering information for the CDBG Grant Application. Next meeting will be Jan. 12, 2010, 7PM.
11. Process of the CDBG Emergency Assistance Program Grant: The Board completed the grant and sent it in on December 3, 2009.
a. Adopt the Fair Housing Ordinance #10-2009: Young moved to adopt the Fair Housing Ordinance #10-2009, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
12. 2009 Tax Levy Update: The Board discussed the increase in taxes to be collected. The State had estimated the town valuation to low last year, and made a catch-up adjustment this year for the difference. They indicated it would decrease next year.
13. Appoint Election Officials for 2-Year Term: The Board reviewed the list of Election Inspectors. Bader made a motion to approve the list, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that the WISLER ratings are done and submitted, fencing job on Bloomingdale Rd has been completed and dead trees have been removed. Wirts stated that Croell Co. had moved into the quarry, he questioned if the town will purchase gravel from them.
a. Possible Sale of Equipment: Chairman Bader suggested selling the NH Loader/Backhoe since it is not used much. This will be discussed in future meetings.
15. Public Input: Ellen Thelen stated that she would be willing to continue to serve on the Comp. Plan Committee.
16. Board Comments: Bader reported that Wis. DOT representative will stopping to check on the signage on top of Fairview hill on Hwy 82.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
January 12 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 7:00 PM
January 19 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Bader moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: December 15, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639