Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the agenda with the addition of item # 8.5 Fence Issue on Bloomingdale Rd, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the October 20, 2009 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $56,814.24 and the monthly bills total is $3,472.69. Bader made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
8.5 Fence Issue on Bloomingdale Rd: Brian Whitney, Pagel family member on Bloomingdale Rd., stated that the prior Board had promised to replace the fence along the portion of their property that was taken away for fill along the large washout on Bloomingdale Rd. He presented an estimate from Rick’s Custom Fencing for $2,545.67 for the new materials and labor to replace the fence. Bader made a motion to pay Rick for the labor and the Town will purchase the materials from the Nelson Agri-Center, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried. The Town will also purchase a Fire/Rd number for the property.
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: The Board will vote on the Comprehensive Plan Ordinance at the December 15 Board Meeting.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Arnold stated that the committee is gathering information for the CDBG Grant Application.
11. Review Bids for Town Shop Heating Replacement: Bader made a motion to table this discussion until the Jan. meeting, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Bridge Report: Chair Bader reviewed the bridge inspection report which indicated that 2 bridges (Duck Creek and River Rd) did not meet the criteria for replacement at this time. The bridge on Husker Hollow Rd is eligible for a replacement grant, which the board will look at in the spring.
13. CDBG Emergency Assistance Program Grant: The Board set Nov. 30, 7:00 PM to adopt a resolution to submit CDBG Grant Application and December 15, 6:30 PM for the Fair Housing Ordinance Hearing which is required for this grant.
14. Resolution for a CDBG Citizen Participation Plan: Bader made a motion to adopt the Citizen Participation Plan Resolution, seconded by Young. Motion carried
15. Appoint Residents to Citizen Participation Plan: The Board is open to any residents who would like to be on the committee.
16. Vernon Economic Development Association (VEDA) Donation: Bader made a motion to donate $250.00 to VEDA, seconded by Young. Motion carried
17. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that mowing is completed, all patching is done except for Kirking Rd, and new recaps were installed on 2001 truck. The fall cleanup day was successful. The WISLER ratings are done, 44 tons of salt, about ½ of last year’s amount, were ordered and received.
18. Public Input: Gene Lyons questioned DOT intersection warning signage by the Town Hall/Shop. Chair Bader will contact Vernon County Highway Commissioner for an update.
19. Board Comments: Young corrected the Episcope reporter that it was Sam’s Flag, owned by Dan Marsh and located on County Rd SS on Sequra Rd, that donated the new US Flag.
20. Future Meeting Dates:
November 30 – CDBG Application Resolution Meeting, 7:00 PM
December 15 – CDBG Fair Housing Hearing, 6:30 PM
December 15 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
21. Adjourn: Bader moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: November 17, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639