Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Arnold moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the September 15, 2009 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $18,333.93 and the monthly bills total is $3,950.90. Young reminded the Board that $500 is owed to the La Farge Fire Dept., this will be paid in Nov. Bader made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: The Hearing for the plan will be held November 5, 9 or 10, the committee is working on the date.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Arnold stated that the committee is reviewing the DOT WISLAR program mapping system.
11. Review Bids for Town Shop Heating Replacement: Bader made a motion to table this discussion, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Road Naming Change-Fairview or Salem Ridge: Bader made the motion to support the prior Board’s decision to keep the Salem Ridge Rd name for the portion from Hwy 82 to Potter Ridge Rd intersection (about 1/3 mile of road), instead of the previous name N. Fairview Rd. This change was suggested from the Vernon County 911 system manager. Clerk Yttri had verified this information with a discussion with prior Chairman, Joe Swanson and Lange Enterprises Representative. Motion seconded by Arnold. Motion Carried.
13. CDBG Emergency Assistance Program Grant: The Board discussed this grant to assist the Town to complete repairs on Bloomingdale Rd (guard rails), road culverts and bridges that were damaged from the 2008 Flood. They set a meeting for Oct. 26 at 7 PM to review the requirements of the grant application that is due December 4, 2009.
14. 2010 Budget Reports, Set Hearing Date: The Board reviewed the clerk’s informational handouts and set the 2010 Budget Hearing for November 12, 2009, 7 PM.
15. Wednesday Recycling Closing Date: The Board decided to close the Wed. Recycling Center from Nov. 1 through the end of February 2010.
16. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that they have mowed about ˝ of the town roads, ditched S. Elk and Duck Creek Roads, applied patch mix, trimmed several low hanging trees and applied gravel on a few roads. He has spent time on the DOT WISLAR computer program, updating the town roads.
17. Public Input: none
18. Board Comments: Young stated that Dan Marsh (LaCrosse Flag & Pole Co.) who lives on Melvin Rd. donated a new US Flag. He also complimented Hysel for being voted onto the La Farge Fire Dept.
19. Future Meeting Dates:
October 24 – Large Item Clean-Up Day
October 26 – CDBG Special Meeting, 7 PM
November 10 – Transportation Meeting 7 PM
November 17 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
November 12 – Budget Hearing Meeting, 7:00PM
20. Adjourn: Bader moved to adjourn, seconded by Young. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: October 20, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639