Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 10 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Arnold moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the July 28, 2009 meeting. Bader moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $9,939.68 and the monthly bills total is $3,154.03. Clerk Yttri included a current La Farge Bank loan balances report of $351,420.23 that showed payment of $106,437.09 principal and $13,065.62 interest paid this year. He also presented a year-to-date comparison between 2008 and 2009 periods for the board to review. Arnold made a motion to pay the bills of $3,154.03, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Michael Tuxzynski
8. Fire Number Applications: Joe Mast
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: The committee met last evening at the Town Hall.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Bader appointed Arnold to the Transportation Committee as board representative.
11. Review Bids for Town Shop Heating Replacement: A third bid was received from La Farge Maintenance Shop to be included with the other two bids. Bader made a motion to table this discussion until the Energy Grant Application is received seconded by Young. Motion carried.
12. Census 2010 Resolution: Young made the motion to sign the resolution that would assist the 2010 Census Bureau in making an accurate count of the Town’s residents seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
13. Sign ‘Memo of Understanding’ with Vernon County Voter Registration: The Board agreed to continue with the county clerk and staff to maintain the Statewide Voter Registration System for the next two years at a cost of $300.00 per year.
14. Annual Road Certification: The Board reviewed the town road map for which the Town’s 49.72 miles receive Transportation Aids. Mc Henry Rd has been removed for the past several years. The Board asked the clerk to check on getting this road reinstated since the patrolmen service the road by grading and mowing.
15. Vernon County Humane Society 2010 Contract: Bader made a motion to continue with the VC Humane Society to accept dogs at a cost of $975.00 for the 2010 contract year seconded by Young. Motion carried.
16. 2010 Budget Timeline: The Board set two tentative dates for the 2010 Budget; Oct. 6 for the Board to review the Clerk’s spreadsheets and Oct. 29 for the Budget Hearing.
17. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that they have mowed many of the roadsides, applied 30 ton of patch mix on many roads, and fixed a clay boil on N. Elk Run Rd. The alternator on the mower tractor had to be replaced, and the rear cab window was broken. The window damage was reported to Rural Insurance Co.
18. Public Input: Gene Lyons asked when Wed. Recycling Center will be closed for the winter. Response was when it gets cold!
19. Board Comments: Young questioned the yard mowing around the Town Hall and Shop. The person hired is attending school at this time, but he will be reminded.
20. Future Meeting Dates:
October 6 – Board 2010 Budget Meeting, 7:00PM (changed to Oct. 12)
October 20 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
October 29 – Budget Hearing Meeting, 7:00PM (changed to Nov.?)
21. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: September 15, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639