Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 13 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the amended agenda that #12. Sign contract with Vernon Co-op Propane and #13. Census 2010 Resolution, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the July 28, 2009 meeting. Young moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $14,310.57 and the monthly bills total is $15,419.91. Clerk Yttri reminded the Board that the second half of RE Tax payment, $85,903.01 would be deposited in the bank on the 20th. Bader made a motion to pay the bills and pay off the $66,000 Flood & Operating loan, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: The public hearing was held last evening, August 17 at 6:30 PM to review 4 elements of the plan. (21 residences attended)
10. Transportation Committee Update: Jody spoke about the WISLER Training he and Brandon attended in Tomah.
11. Open Bids for Town Shop Heating Replacement: 2 Bids were reviewed from Y-Tri Plumbing and Heating for $8,330 and Heartland Country Co-op for $3,362. La Farge Maintenance Shop submitted a bid, but was not available for the meeting. The Board postponed discussion until next month’s meeting.
12. Sign Contract with Vernon Co-op Propane: Bader made a motion to sign the contract with the co-op for the 2009-2010 heating season at a price of $1.35 per gal. with no prepayment needed, monthly payment when billed, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
13. Census 2010 Resolution: Bader presented the Board with copy of a resolution that would assist the 2010 Census Bureau an accurate count of the Town’s residents. This will be acted upon at next month’s meeting.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Wirts reported that they have mowed many of the roadsides, patching on many roads, and installing fire/address signs. He stated that the Town Hall needs high-speed Internet connection in order to better use the WISLER Program that he and Brandon received training on in Tomah.
15. Public Input: John Sprister, John Klingele and John Lam from the S. Elk Run Rd area expressed concerns that that road has not been repaired or updated compared to the other town roads in Town of Webster. The Board acknowledged that the road needed a lot of work, but the Town’s funds are very limited at the present. Lori Krause asked about installing guardrails on the renovated Bloomingdale Road. The Board has the same concerns and are looking into solutions.
16. Board Comments: none
17. Future Meeting Dates:
September 15 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Bader moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: August 18, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639