Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young, Treasurer Jan Parker, and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 14 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Bader moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the May 19, 2009 meeting. Young questioned if Rural Ins. Co. had updated the coverage as per last month’s presentation. Chair Bader confirmed that discussion with Agent Johnson. Arnold moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $9,908.07 and the monthly bills total is $2,714.09. Clerk Yttri stated that $24,295 Transportation Aid payment would be deposited on July 6. Brandon was reminded to bid out the diesel fuel usage. Bader made a motion to pay the bills, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: Clerk Yttri updated the Board that when the signs are delivered, Sgt Olson be contacted, so he could send letters to the owners of the La Farge Addition property to explain the reason for this process.
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update:
a. Adopt Public Participation Plan: Arnold moved to adopt the Public Participation Plan, seconded by Bader. Motion carried.
b. Set Date for Public Hearing: The Hearing will be held in Mid-August.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Chair Bader reported that Boyette has resigned as Chair of the Transportation Committee.
11.Award 2009 Town of Webster Essay: Terry Beck presented the Citizen Award to Jennifer Parker. She read her paper to the Board.
12. Fairview School Community Club Donation: The club has volunteered to paint the Town Hall, and the Town will cover the cost of the paint.
13. Signing of the Brush Hollow Cemetery Assoc. Veterans’ Form: Clerk Yttri presented the form and the required signatures were collected.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolman Hysel reported that they cleaned the winter equipment and grader. He also reported that ditching was completed on several roads, reseeding on Green Hollow Road was completed, salt screenings pile was covered, and a number of potholes were filled.
15. Public Input: Barb Briggs stated that the west side of Husker Hollow road coming onto Highway 82 has a blind spot because of weeds. Patrolmen will take care of this situation.
16. Board Comments: Young asked who had given permission to remove a used culvert from North Elk Run. Bader replied that he gave the permission.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
June 29 – Comprehensive Planning Committee, 6:30-8:00 PM
July 28 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
18. Closed Session: The Board convened into Closed Session under State Statue (19.85c)—considering employment, promotion, performance, or compensation of a public employee on a motion by Young, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
19. Reconvene into Open Session: Bader moved to raise the patrolmen’s clothing allowance from $200 to $300 per year, and to raise Jody Wirts’ wages to $15 per hour from July 1, 2009, to March 31, 2010, seconded by Arnold. Motion carried.
20. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 16, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639