Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM with Supervisors Art Thelen and Tim Parker; Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 9 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: The agenda was amended to add Avalanche Store Class A Beer License Application. Parker moved to adopt the amended agenda, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the February 19, 2009 meeting and the March 5, 2009 Special Meeting, in which Randy Volden’s employment was extended until the end of April at 24 hours per week. Parker moved to approve the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $21,771.71 and the monthly bills total is $252,001.78. Clerk Yttri reported that there would be a deposit of about $16,000 from 2007 Fema work and Wis. Dept of Trans. Highway Aid of $24,295 will be deposited April 6. Parker made a motion to pay the current bills of $3,588.31 and pay Scott Construction $10,000 on their bill, and pay Siverhus Trucking $10,000 on his bill, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: Tim/Brandon Parker
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: It was stated that Chairman Jack Lee had resigned from the committee. Oliphant has appointed Chris Parker and Bill Holzli to fill open positions. The committee’s next meeting will be held on March 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Chairman Roseanne Boyette reported that her committee is working on a rough draft which is proposed to be included in the Comprehensive Plan. She stated that Nuzum Foundation has provided addition grants for the county and area towns to help pay their expenses.
11. Bids for Mowing Town Hall and Mt. Zion Cemetery: The Board informed the Clerk to advertise for mowing bids to be opened at next month’s meeting.
12. Town of Webster Scholarship: Motion by Parker to continue with the $350 scholarship for graduating students within the Town, seconded by Thelen. Jack Lee and Jean Beck will coordinate this process.
13. Avalanche Store-Class A Beer License: The Board approved a prorated two-month license application for Roger Widner, Avalanche Store. The Board was reminded that Widner needs to be in compliance with all other state licenses prior to issuing this license.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel reported that they have been brushing along several town roads, repairing the mower tractor with new front tires and engine repairs. The patrolmen will be putting up seasonal weight limit signs on all town roads. Brandon also was checking on an addition storage tank for off-road fuel.
15. Public Input: Boyette informed the Board of public comprehensive planning meetings being held in the Towns of Clinton and Whitestown.
16. Board Comments: The board discussed property in Green Hollow where utilities were installed without proper fire/road number assigned. Supervisors Art Thelen and Tim Parker were thanked for their years of service on the Board, as neither is seeking re-election to the Board.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
March 26 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 7 PM
March 30 – Comprehensive Planning meeting, 6:30 PM
April 7 – Spring Election, 7 AM – 8 PM
April 14 – Annual Meeting, 7 PM
April 21 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
18. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: March 17, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639