Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Paul Bader called the monthly board meeting to order at 7:00 PM with Supervisors Daniel Arnold and John Young; Treasurer Jan Parker and Clerk Ole Yttri present. A total of 11 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and through email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Arnold moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the April 21, 2009 meeting. Arnold moved to adopt the minutes, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $12,289.22 and the monthly bills total is $62,086.10. The Board discussed taking out a $66,000 loan at the La Farge State Bank (@ 4.25% int.) to pay off the Scott Construction bill ($20,339), Siverhus Trucking bill ($36,297) and the balance ($10,000) used for Town operating expenses. This loan will be paid off by Sept. 1 when the Aug. Real Estate Tax Settlement is paid to the Town. Arnold made a motion to take out the loan under the stated conditions, seconded by Young. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Ian Watt
8. Fire Number Applications: Ian Watt, La Farge Addition Area
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: No updated report.
10. Transportation Committee Update: No updated report.
11. Rural Ins. Update-Rollie Johnson Agent: Rollie reviewed the insurance coverage on all buildings and equipment. It was discovered that one sander and the new mower have not been added to the policy. This update will raise the premium slightly. He will inform the Clerk of the changes within the next week.
12. Bridge Inspection Report: Vernon County Highway Commissioner, Virgil Hanold, completed the annual Bridge Inspection. He noted that there were two bridges on Haugrud Hollow Rd and one on Hidden Valley Rd that are in need of repair and weight limit signage. The Board will be looking at low cost options for fixing these bridges.
13. Bloomingdale Rd Project Update: There has been some lower bank slippage on the reconstructed Bloomingdale Rd Project. The Board will try to get a FEMA Representative and other related parties to review and propose repairs with minimum financial commitment from the Town.
14. Needed Repairs on Town Hall: Supervisor Daniel Arnold suggested that the current locks be replaced as the whereabouts of all current keys are unknown. He suggested that one key be able to unlock all doors. He also recommended the electrical system be reviewed and that the dehumidifier be replaced. The Board advised Hysel to contact an electrician to have these repairs done.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel reported that they were going to cover the screening pile. Clay boils on Buckeye Ridge Rd and Wemmer Hollow were repaired. Stumps on North Elk had been cut off at ground level. Vance Hill and Avalanche Rd were ditched.
16. Public Input: Ellen Thelen thanked the Board for reinstating the Pledge of Allegiance to the agenda. She also asked about renting the hall for rummage sales. She expressed interest in buying the benches if they are going to be replaced by chairs. Richard Appleman asked whether the winter equipment was cleaned and oiled properly prior to storage. Gene Lyons reminded the Board of the signage issue in the La Farge Addition, stating his desire that the issue be dealt with as soon as possible.
17. Board Comments: Supervisor John Young requested that all bids be put out for fuel. Supervisor Dan Arnold stated that all Board members had completed the mandatory Board of Review training.
18. Future Meeting Dates:
May 20 - Open Book, 3-6 PM
Board of Review, 7–9 PM
June 1 – Comprehensive Planning Committee, 6:30-8:00 PM
June 16 - Monthly Board Meeting, 7:00 PM
19. Adjourn: Young moved to adjourn, seconded by Arnold. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: May 19, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639