Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM with Supervisors: Art Thelen and Tim Parker; Treasurer, Jan Parker and Clerk, Ole Yttri present. A total of 18 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the January 20, 2009 meeting. Thelen moved to approve the minutes, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $146,988.26 and the monthly bills total is $354,044.09. The board questioned the Rural Ins. bill, Clerk Yttri will check on the charge. Thelen made a motion to pay the current bills of $11,485.00 and pay Scott Construction $100,000 on their bill, seconded by Parker. Motion carried. *2/26/2009-(Correction: Clerk Yttri paid Scott Co. $90,000, due to 3-loan payments for a total of $8,000.00 and an $8,000.00 payment request made by Siverhus Exc. on his bill.)
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: Chairman, Jack Lee stated that their next meeting will be held on March 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Chairman, Roseanne Boyette reported that her committee is working on a 1 and 5 year road plan and was also concerned about current road conditions with the upcoming of the spring thaw. Chair Oliphant responded stating that the spring road band would be placed on town roads about the same time as the county bands are posted.
11. Review Seal Coat Bids: The only bid received was from Scott Co. for single hard seal w/limestone chips will be $13,770.00 per mile and w/blue chips will be $19,660.05 per mile. This is based on two miles of hard seal work. Thelen made a motion to accept the bill, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
12. Review Gravel & Rock Bids: The only bid received was from Kreamer Co. for gravel and rock.
Bid details: Picked Up Delivered
3/4” Base Course $ 6.60 CY $ 7.60 CY
3” Minus Breaker Run $ 6.60 CY $ 7.60 CY
Screenings $ 6.30 CY $ 7.60 CY
Rip Rap $ 8.40 CY $ 10.40 CY
Pulverizing Only $ 3,850.00 per mile
Private rock sales would be $11.00 per cubic yard. Parker moved to accept the bids as presented, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
13. Renew Gunderson Lutheran DOT Testing Contract: Parker made a motion to renew the contract w/Gunderson Lutheran DOT Testing, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
14.Recycling Center Wednesday Open Hours: The Board agreed to open the center Wednesday, March 4 from 3-6 PM and keep it open until the fall cool days come.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel reported that they have been brushing along several town roads, repairing the mower and checking on prices for new front tires on the mower tractor.
16. Public Input: Boyette asked if Scott Co. charged for rolling and packing the town roads. (Usually it is part of the cost of seal coating)
17. Board Comments: none
18. Future Meeting Dates:
February 26 – Transportation Committee Meeting, 7 PM
March 2 – Comprehensive Planning meeting, 6:30
March 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
19. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn, seconded by Oliphant. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: February 19, 2009_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639