Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM, Thelen was absent, other members were present. A total of 8 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the October 21, 2008 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $28,733.15 and the monthly bills total is $383,504.23. Parker made a motion to pay the current bills of $9,057.60, borrow $65,000 from the La Farge State Bank to pay Croell Redi-Mix and Kraemer Co. and post-pone the Scott Construction bill, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: Jack Lee, Chair, reported that 29 people attended the public participation meeting for the nine elements of the Comprehensive Planning Commission with Marcy West on November 15th.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Rosanne Boyette, Chair, reported on a meeting held October 29th and another is scheduled for November 24th. She stated that the committee talked about the major roads in the town and is looking at transportation in other towns.
11. Rescind Class A Beer & Liquor License—One Sun Farm, Dave Varney: After last month’s decision to issue Varney’s a Class “A” license, it was brought to the board’s attention that the town is “Dry”. In order for the board to issue this type of license, a referendum would need to be passed by the town electors and the license cost would be $10,000. Parker made a motion to rescind the application, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
12. Renew Vernon County Human Society Animal Care Provider Agreement: The board chose to table this item until next month due to the high cost last year and disputes over who pays for what animals.
13. Tax Levy Increase Discussion: The board is considering adding $50,000 to be applied to the town’s debt service which will be included on the tax collection worksheet and added to the mill rate formula.
14 & 15. 2008 Flood Damage Update & Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel reported that the new shop doors have been installed and some rewiring completed. He also listed roads that had patched with seal coat mix.
16. Public Input: Rosanne Boyette suggested adding dark sky lighting around the town shop area to save money.
17. Board Comments: none
18. Future Meeting Dates:
November 20 – Budget Hearing, 7 PM
December 16 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
19. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn, seconded by Oliphant. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: November 18, 2008_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639