Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM, with all members present. A total of 18 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the September 16, 2008 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $27,798.99 and the monthly bills total is $84,025.57. Parker made a motion to pay the current bills except for Croell Redi-Mix, Scott Construction and Kraemer Co. bills for a total of bills to be paid $10,265.62, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Lloyd Lawrence
8. Fire Number Applications: Brian Appleman, Lombard (cabin), Croell Pit
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: Jack Lee, Chair, reminded everyone about the public participation meeting for the nine elements of the Comprehensive Planning Commission with Marcy West on November 15th at 1:00 PM at the Webster Town Hall.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Rosanne Boyette, Chair, stated that the Town maps had been updated and the next meeting would look at the most heavily traveled town roads.
11. La Farge Area Schools Referendum Representative: Curt Parr and Robbie Strait, Bd Members, and Retired Superintendent Al Szepi discussed the La Farge School Referendum that is on the November 4 ballot. It was stated the referendum would add $89 to the taxes for a person with a $100,000 assessment.
12. Class A Beer & Liquor Update to Class B—One Sun Farm, Dave Varney: Thelen made a motion to approve the application change, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
13.& 18. 2008 Flood Damage Update & Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Hysel reported that Jacobson Construction completed the bridge wall on Wemmer Hollow Rd. and the extended Bloomingdale Rd expansion was about 80% completed.
14. Tax Levy Discussion: The Board will be holding a special town meeting next week, Tuesday, October 28 at 7 PM to discuss adding an additional $50,000 onto the town’s tax roll.
15. Renew Contract with Constellation Web Services—Alan Buss: Parker made a motion to renew the contract for a cost of $75, seconded by Thelen.
16. Renew Vernon County Human Society Animal Care Provider Agreement: The board chose to table this item until next month due to the high cost last year and disputes over who pays for what animals.
17. Wednesday Recycling Center Fall & Winter Schedule: The board chose to extend the Wednesday collection time until the end of November.
19. Public Input: Rosanne Boyette questioned the agenda posting at Avalanche.
20. Board Comments: none
21. Future Meeting Dates:
October 22, 23 & 24 Open Book, (various times set)
October 27 – Bd of Review 7-9 PM
October 28 – Special Town Meeting about a Tax Levy Increase, 7 PM
October 30 – WTA Vernon Cty Unit, 7:30 PM
November 4 – Presidential Election, 7 AM to 8 PM
November 15 – Comp. Planning Nine Elements Town Meeting, 1 PM
November 18 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
22. Closed Session: Parker made a motion to go in to a Closed Session for the purpose Under State Statue. (19.85c)-(Considering employment, promotion, performance or compensation of a public employee), seconded by Thelen. The board reconvened into open session and Parker made a motion move Brandon Hysel to Head Patrolman at a wage increase to $15.50 per hour, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
23. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: October 21, 2008_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639