Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:35 PM, with all members present. A total of 15 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Thelen moved to add three items: 1) 911 Addressing Issue, 2) Tax Levy Discussion, and 3) a Closed Session and to adopt the agenda, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the July 15, 2008 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $69,245.65 with the August RE Tax Settlement deposit of $59,822.88. The monthly bills total is $29,272.50. Parker made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: none
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: Jack Lee, Chairman, is proposing that a direct mailing be made to all residents to encourage a larger turnout to discuss all nine elements of the Comprehensive Plan at one of the next meetings.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Rosanne Boyette, Chairman, reported that the committee has met twice since the last Town Board meeting and is working with Vernon County’s GIS planner to update mapping of the Town roads. Chair Oliphant reminded the board that the original timeline for this committee was to end in July but could be extended for a while. Supervisor Thelen made a motion to continue until the end of November, Parker seconded. Motion carried.
11. TRIP Road Repair Projects: Chair Oliphant opened the only bid from Scott Constr. for the TRIP Projects at a cost of $45,000 to $60,000 per mile. Thelen made a motion to approve the bid, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
12. 2008 Flood Damage Update: The majority of the work on Wemmer Hollow is completed except for a retain wall needs replacement.
13. 911 Addressing Issue: Clerk Yttri met with Sgt. Bruce Olson, 911 system county coordinator, and reviewed the signage on the Elk Run and La Farge Additions as to accuracy of the Fire/Address numbering. He suggested that the board look at updated numbering related to address locations on the private roads and not have these designated as Town roads but just address locations. Some residents from that area were not in favor of any changes since they have made many since they moved here. A revision needs to be considered so that any emergency calls will be responded to quickly and accurately.
14. Tax Levy Discussion: The Board is considering raising the Town of Webster RE Tax Levy an additional $40,000 over the 2% State mandated levy cap. This would require a public meeting to be held the first part of October to get the residents input. The discussion will continue at the September Board meeting.
15. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen Wirts and Hysel reported that a 3” gravel base has been applied on the roads that are to be seal coated shortly. The patrolmen are continuing to work on flood-damaged roads. Mark Lombard has assisted with mowing the Town roads when he has time.
16. Public Input: Rosanne Boyette informed the board about small cracks on E. Salem Ridge Rd.
17. Board Comments: none
18. Future Meeting Dates:
September 9 -- Fall Primary Election, 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM
September 16 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
19. Closed Session Under State St. 19.85: The Board reconvened into open session with no decision made.
20. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: July 15, 2008_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639