Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM, with all members present. A total of 14 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the May 13, 2008 meeting. Thelen moved to approve the minutes, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $3,173.05 with monthly bills of $3,929.69 and future bills from June Flood damage repairs coming. Transportation Aid Payment will be deposited on July 3 for $24,000. Thelen made a motion to borrow a ‘Line of Credit Loan’ of $50,000 to pay the current bills, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Carl Zube, Tom Lukens
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: Jack Lee, Chairman, stated that about 100 surveys had been returned, 25% of the amount sent out. The next meeting will be July 7 at 6:30 PM to review the surveys.
10. Transportation Committee Update: Rosanne Boyette, Chairman, reported that they are waiting for more mapping information from the county and also survey data from Comprehensive Planning Committee before proceeding forward.
11. 2008 Scholarship Winner: The committee received 4 applications. They chose Jessica Parker, a graduate of Westby High School as the winner. Chairman Oliphant presented her with a check for $350.00 and photos were taken.
12. & 14. 2008 Flood Damage Update and Patrolmen’s Report: The most damage was on Bloomingdale Rd and Kirking Rd, which are both closed. Chairman Oliphant receive word that the Wis. National Guard will be sending men and equipment to assist opening these closed roads. Patrolman Wirts reporting that Smart Hollow Rd needs a lot of repair, but is being heavy used as a detour route due to the road closures. He stated that the repairs would be worked on one road at a time. Chairman Oliphant stated that he was happy with some of the 2007 August Flood repair work done last fall, culverts that were repaired with large concrete blocks around them held up very well.
13. ‘Class A Beer License’- One Sun Farm, Dave and Erin Varney, was approved by the Board, motion by Thelen, seconded by Parker. Carried.
15. Public Input: Rosanne Boyette asked the Clerk to update the Website with the current list of the Comprehensive Planning Committee members, Clerk Yttri will do so.
16. Board Comments: none
17. Future Meeting Dates:
July 7 -- Comprehensive Planning Committee, 6:30 PM
July 15 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
July 31 – WTA meeting in Viola Park, 6:00 PM
18. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: June 17, 2008_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639