Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM, with all members present. A total of 13 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the four posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda with these changes: Delete ‘Oath of Office’ in item # 9, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the April 15, 2008 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes with one change in item #16: change ‘Mid-Summer to July’, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $18,860.23 with monthly bills of $3,624.48. Thelen made a motion to pay the current bills, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
7. Review Building Permits: Jeff Everson, Mike Martin
8. Fire Number Applications: none
9. Comprehensive Planning Committee Update: The committee will be sending out the survey to all landowners in the Town within two weeks. Thelen made a motion to include a self-addressed stamped envelope with each survey, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
10. Approve New Comp. Plan Members: Parker moved to approve Ellen Thelen and Kevin Alderson to the Comprehensive Planning Committee, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
11. Public Participation Plan: Chairman presented this document to be included in the Comprehensive Plan for the Town. Parker moved to approve Public Participation Plan, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. Transportation Committee Update: This report will be presented at the June meeting.
13. Review Rural Ins. Policy w/Agent: Rollie Johnson, Rural Insurance Agent, updated the Board with current coverage on all the buildings and equipment. At this time, the Board did not make any changes. Damage of the shed overhead door was questioned, and Rollie will have an adjuster review the damage.
14. Adopt Updated Patrolmen Contracts: Parker moved to approve Patrolmen Contracts, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
15. JD Mowing Tractor: Thelen made a motion to trade the JD 301 tractor for a NH 3-pt disc mower from Hundt Implement to be mounted on the JD 6410 tractor; trade price is $2,600, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
16. Diesel Fuel Pricing: The Board will be checking on contracting fuel for a better price.
17. Sign Cemetery Forms: The Clerk presented reimbursement application forms from Salem Ridge Cemetery Association Veteran Graves for the Board to sign and forward to the County Clerk.
18. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen’s report included work at grading and filling potholes on several roads. Large item Clean-Up Day went very well.
19. Public Input:
20. Board Comments:
21. Future Meeting Dates:
June 17 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
22. Adjourn: Thelen moved to adjourn, seconded by Parker. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: May 13, 2008_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639