Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster
Board of Supervisors
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:35 PM, with all members present except for Thelen, who arrived at 7 PM. A total of 16 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting and agenda, (two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification).
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda with these changes: Delete item # 9 (no meeting), Move item # 10 (vender had another meeting) prior to item # 6 and add # 13.5 -Vote on Comprehensive Planning Member, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the March 18, 2008 meeting. Parker moved to approve the minutes as printed, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
10. Open Gravel & Rock Bids: The Kraemer Co. submitted the only bid for gravel and rock. (Bids were about $0.40 more per CY (cubic yard) over last year’s bids.)
Bid details: Picked Up Delivered
3/4” Base Course $ 5.60 CY $ 6.60 CY
3” Minus Breaker Run $ 5.60 CY $ 6.60 CY
Screenings $ 5.30 CY $ 6.60 CY
Rip Rap $ 7.40 CY $ 9.40 CY
Pulverizing Only $ 3,750.00 per mile
Private rock sales would be $ 9.50 per cubic yard. Parker moved to accept the bids as presented, seconded by Oliphant. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $26,444.54 with monthly bills of $3,705.55. Parker made a motion to pay the current bills except for Lepke, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried. (The details of the Lepke Trucking & Exc. flood related bill will be carried forward.)
7. Review Building Permits: Richard Everhart
8. Fire Number Applications: none
No Meeting--- (Comprehensive Planning Committee Update:)
11.Opening Seal Coat Bids: : Scott Construction Company submitted a bid for Single Hard Seal $11,114.94 and Single Gravel Seal $16,660.00 for 3/8” limestone base. (Price is $500 - $800 less than last yr.) Fahrner Asphalt Sealer submitted a bid for Single Hard Seal $11,551.00 and Single Gravel Seal $16,158.00 for 3/8” limestone base. Parker moved to approve the Scott Co. seal-coat bid, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
12. Bids for Lawn Mowing: Bids were opened for the mowing of Mt. Zion Cemetery and for the Town Hall/Shop Lawn. The bids per mowing were as follows:
Mt. Zion Cemetery: Walker Lawn Care $30.00
Kickapoo Caretakers $55.00
Mary Haugrud $35.00
Webster Town Shop: Walker Lawn Care $45.00
Kickapoo Caretakers $55.00 ($100.00 for both mowings)
Thelen moved to approve both Lawn Mowing Bids from Walker Lawn Care, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
13. JD Mowing Tractor: The Board is considering selling or trading this tractor for a
3-pt disc mower to be mounted on the JD 6410 tractor. The price is between $2,500 – $3,000 trade allowance.
13.5 Appointment for Comprehensive Planning Commission: Chair Oliphant recommended Jack Lee to fill an opening on the committee. Thelen made a motion to approve, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
14. Patrolmen’s Report: Patrolmen’s report included work of removing snow plowing and sanding equipment from all vehicles. They will be working at grading, graveling and filling potholes on several roads.
15. Public Input: Boyette asked about creating a list of potential members for comprehensive planning replacement if someone cannot continue with the group. She also suggested a Transportation Committee be created to study the Town roads, which could be incorporated with the Comprehensive Planning plans. Boyette submitted to the Clerk posting information that she had requested from the County Clerk’s office. Jean Beck asked about an update to new garage shop doors. Chairman Oliphant replied that they are being checked on.
16. Board Comments: In response to Boyette’s request, Chairman Oliphant appointed her to head the Volunteer Transportation Committee. She can appoint members and report back to the Board by mid-summer.
17. Future Meeting Dates:
April 24 – Vernon Co Unit of WTA, Viroqua, 7:30 PM
May 2-3 – Large Item Recycling Center Open
May 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
18. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk ______________________ Date: April 15, 2008_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639