Town of Webster
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Town of Webster Board of Supervisors,
1. Call to Order: Chair Skip Oliphant called the monthly board meeting to order at 6:30 PM with all members present. A total of 10 people were in attendance.
2. Pledge of Allegiance: The Board led the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Proof of Posting: Clerk Yttri gave proof of proper posting of meeting in two newspapers, at the three posting places, on the Town website and via email for those citizens who have signed up for email notification.
4. Adoption of Agenda: Parker moved to adopt the agenda, seconded by Thelen. Motion carried.
5. Minutes of Previous Meetings: Clerk Yttri presented the minutes of the September 18, 2007 meetings. Thelen moved to approve the minutes as printed, seconded by Parker. Motion carried.
6. Review and Payment of Bills: The current checkbook balance is $10,313.78 and the monthly bills totaled $109,422.00. Thelen made a motion to pay $4,158.46 toward the bills, and to delay till next month bills to Vernon Cty. Hwy. Dept and Kraemer Co, seconded by Parker. Chair Oliphant reported that a request for a $100,000 – 150,000 loan for Flood repair costs is being acted upon tonight at the La Farge State Bank Board meeting. Motion carried.
7. Budget Update: Clerk Yttri provided the board with year-to-date financial details for the board to review and a preview of 2008 budget information that he has so far. The board set Nov. 6, 2007 at 6:30 PM to assemble the final 2008 budget figures before the Budget Hearing on Nov. 13. 2007.
8. Review Building Permits: Sid Widner
9. Fire Number Applications: none
10. Update Road/Culvert Repair from Flood Damage: Chairman Oliphant stated he had contacted FEMA and a representative should be contacting the Town soon. Other area towns had been contacted and some had received their cost estimates.
11. Patrolman’s Report: Patrolman Jody Wirts reported that all the flood damaged roads are now open, but that work stills needs to be completed. Road ditching and culvert cleaning is still a top priority. Wirts reported that the winter salt had been delivered and will be mixed with the sand. The Town received about $1,000 for scrap metal from junked culverts.
12. Public Input: Jean Beck asked about the flood repairs on Avalanche Hill Rd near the quarry owned by Croell Co. Oliphant stated that Croell Co. is working on the repair.
13. Board Comments: Chairman Oliphant stated that he received a bid of $193,358.68 cost estimate from Scott Construction for the Flood damaged road areas.
14. Future Meeting Dates:
November 6 – 2008 Budget Board prep. Meeting
November 13 – 2008 Budget Hearing
November 20 -- Monthly Board Meeting, 6:30 PM
November 23 –Annual La Farge Ambulance (7PM) and Fire Dept meeting (8PM)
November 25 – Vernon County unit WTA meeting in Viroqua
15. Board took a short recess prior to entering into Exe. Session.
16. Closed Executive Session to Discuss Patrolman Position, State Stat. 19.85 (c)
The Board received 6 applications for Patrolman Position. They reviewed each applicant and chose to interview 4 people. The Board reconvened into open session.
17. Adjourn: Parker moved to adjourn, seconded by Thelen. Meeting adjourned.
Submitted by: Ole Yttri, Clerk Signature: _______ _____ Date: October 16, 2007_
E10614 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639
Phone: (608) 625-4568
Send Us an Email
Town of Webster
E10978 State Road 82
La Farge, WI 54639